EARTH DAY 2011 @ PEC * Sowing Ideas; Growing Minds
Our SIXTH annual Earth Day Celebration will be happening on Friday, May 6th, 2011! Thanks to all who are helping and who will be joining us!
--Who's invited: any and all who are interested in taking care of the earth and living things therein.
--What: Sharing Earth-friendly and people/living thing-friendly information, ideas, and concepts.
--When: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.on Friday May 6, 2011.
--Contact: Steve Reynolds, Coordinator--559/782-7095x4611 * Email: email@example.com
--Who will be presenting? Students and businesses/organizations (updated regularly):
- STUDENTS @ the Prospect Education Center
- Welcome to PEC!
- Earth Day Student Committee--tour
- Egg Cup Insects
- How Bicycles Help the Earth!
- Earth Day IDEAS--Click HERE
- AREA SCHOOLS, BUSINESSES & ORGANIZATIONS
- 1/John Deere Water--Soil Moisture Monitoring
- 2/National Weather Service/Hanford--Weather in CA and Future Impact of Climate Change
- 3/Sequoia Community Corps--Recycling & Tulare Tom!
- 4/VIEW Partnership--Saving energy, money & the environment!
5/CSU Fresno--Organic Gardening & Worm
6/Tulare County Animal Control--Animal control information with animals.
- 7/Community Water Center--Drinking Water Challenges in the San Joaquin Valley
- 8/Homegrown Organic Farms--Organic and Sustainable Farming
- 9/Porterville Wastewater Management--Water Reclamation
- 10/LOOP Bus Transportation/Tulare County
- 11/US Forest Service--Keeping Your Forest Green!
- 12/Electronic Waste Recycling--Recycle Your Old Electronic Items...
- 13/REI in Fresno--Leave No Trace! Family Adventure...Kid Gear.
- 14/Pioneer Middle School--Earth Day Presentation
- 15/College of the Sequoias and Tulare County Farm Bureau
- 16/Blood Drive/Give Blood!
- 17/CFK Recycling (PEC)
- 18/Redwood Trees (PEC)
- 19/Tipper the Cow--Visalia Rawhides...
- 20/Egg Cup Recycling (PEC)
- 21/How do Bicycles Help the Earth? (PEC)
- 22/Jamba Juice--Healthy Eating!!!
- 23/Keller Agriculture--Horses!
- 24/Wilkinson Farms--Sheep
- 25/Recycling--Bead for Life & brass
- 26/Merle Stone Chevrolet--the VOLT!!!
- 27/City of Porterville Police--Crime Prevention...
- 28/Proteus--Education for LIFE!
- 27/Office MAX
- ??/Check back--more may sign on before 5/6/2011:-)
- DONATIONS--Contributions from businesses and individuals to help finance this event.
- AAA Porterville----bags for collecting "goodies" from the event.
- Wal Mart Distribution Center--tables and supplies
- Teachers @ PEC--EZ up covers, tables, money
- Earthbound Farms--brochures and coupons.
- Wal-Mart Distribution Center--school supplies and large trash cans.
- Senior Gleaners--200+ bottles of water.
- Tulare County Farm Bureau--information for teachers & students.
- Roxanne's Shoes, Fresno, CA--recycling bags for gifts.
- Jamba Juice--GoGo
- Jamba Juice--preselling juice-call (782-7095x4611) or email to order
- Free water!
- Free ice cream!
--FYI--Who's Been Invited? Check back to see if they're attending...they'll be moved to the section above when attendance has been confirmed...
?-Nissan of Visalia--Leaf
?-Family Tree Farms
?-College of the Sequoias
?-Sierra View District Hospital
?-Porterville Waste Management
?-Southern California Edison
?-Whole Foods Market
?-Gaia Napa Valley Hotel & Spa
?-Hana Fresh/Hana Health
?-Small Planet Foods
?-Porterville Parks & Leisure
?-Save Mart Supermarkets
?-Sequoia Middle School
?-Burton Middle School
?-Summit Charter Collegiate Academy
?-Hoss McNutt & Odyssey of the Mind
?-Organic Farming Research Foundation
?-Eco-friendly dry cleaning/Blackburn's
!!!-DAILY--Students & staff are contacting Earth-friendly organizations...